cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 5 issues ?

Michelle1982
Joining in

Hello

I have been having trouble with my broadband randomly dropping out and the wifi keeps disconnecting and reconnecting on my samsung s23, i've not had this router for long, are there any checks that can be done ?

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Firstly... Can we check… are your issues only evident on wifi connections or do you see them at the same times on devices connected on ethernet cables? If you don't know, can you check to help diagnose whether it is just a wifi issue or it could be network connection/Hub related?

What Hub model is it? What are the various Hub lights showing/doing when this happens if a Hub3 is the base light a steady white(ish) or flashing green?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Michelle1982 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

Sorry to hear of any broadband issues.

I've not been able to locate you from the forum details provided so gonna drop you a PM now to get them and can run some tests.

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Client62
Legend

Settings to discourage mobiles from dropping Wi-Fi and reverting to the GSM mobile data.

For iPhones...

Disable "Wi-Fi Assist"    Ref:https://support.apple.com/en-us/102228

For Android phones...

Disable "Switch to mobile data"

Settings >> Connections >> Wi-Fi >> ... ( 3 dot menu ) >> "Switch to mobile data"  ( set to OFF )

legacy1
Alessandro Volta

Have a pod😖

---------------------------------------------------------------