cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 5 issues

Rob-Kirsten
On our wavelength

So we've recently upgraded to HUB 5 as we have the mega volt bundle with Gig1 fibre, the Hub 5 installed today (Friday 29th September 2023) and already our virgin Intelli wifi pods no longer work, they just cycle the flashing green then blue light repeatedly and now 2 of our slightly older laptops cant even find the network despite both being 802.11n network adaptors

Any ideas on how to connect these laptops and sort my wifi pods issues out, btw before anyone says about doing the diagnostics on the pods, been there done that even phoned technical support who claimed there is an issue in my area affecting 25% customer in my area.

19 REPLIES 19

Yes all sorted now Thanks Tom, apparently they just needed unpairing with the old hub3 and pairing up to the new Hub 5 we have, something to do with mac addresses or something. but all sorted now thanks. 

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Can I just clarify... if you are on a fibre connection you should have the new Hub5x ?  Is that correct - and the pods are now working fine ?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Correct, and I was on a fibre connection before but only 600mbps so still had hub3x, now on gig1 so now on hub5x and all pods are a'OK

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Interesting that's a recent change then 👍.  Could you check another for me. 

In the Hub settings "Modem mode" page...  Is the facility to "enable modem mode" actually activated now - that is - it's not greyed out but "clickable"?  That would be a major change 😎  So if so what firmware version is it running ?

Cheers John

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

It's clickable,

Standard specification compliantDOCSIS 3.1
Hardware version1.2
:Modem Mode.jpg

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Are you sure this is a Hub5x and not just a bog standard Hub5 .

What does the base sticker say ?  Is it connected on a fibre cable on HFC  (or old coax)?

--------------------
John
--------------------

carl_pearce
Wise owl

I don't believe the HUB 3x exists, so they'll most likely have a HUB 5 on HFC.

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@carl_pearce wrote:

I don't believe the HUB 3x exists, so they'll most likely have a HUB 5 on HFC.

Cheers Carl - Yes - I think that's likely - I have asked the OP that  Q 😎

--------------------
John
--------------------

As I'm FTTC its prob the coaxial connection, only FTTP would be a fiber connection

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Yes that makes sense now - cheers.

--------------------
John
--------------------