cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 5 from hub 3

TheFatLad
Joining in

I've recently upgraded from a hub 3 (with no issues) to a hub 5 and 1gig internet. My internet is now worse than it's ever been. My hub 3 was consistently giving me 500mb+ download and 40mb upload ( I was on 600mb broadband).

Now, ever since having the hub 5 I get dropouts daily and inconsistent speed. Ranging from less than 100mb down and 10mb up to 800mb down and 100mb up. 

Can anyone help before I spend hours on hold to be told to wait 48hours and then call back as that's what normally happens 

TIA

Kieran.

1000029491.png

1000029488.png

1000029493.png

  

19 REPLIES 19

carl_pearce
Community elder

Does this site, that tests the speed to the HUB over the VM network, show the same inconsistency?

https://samknows.com/realspeed/

Yes. I have done a lot of reading over the last few weeks and I can only guess that it may be cables coming to my home that aren't as good as they used to be. But I thought I'd post to see if I get the same thoughts from others. Here's my test as of right now. 

1000029494.png

 regards.

carl_pearce
Community elder

Certainly looks like a line fault, or local outage.

Client62
Legend

92.6 Mb/s at the device looks like the speed is limited by a 100Mb/s connection.

The all the Downstream channels have very high Post Rs and Uncorrectable error counts.

Did you call 0800 561 0061 to see if there is a known issue in your street.

I have done previously and there's been no maintenance in the area. This has been the same for about 3 weeks now since having the hub 5 in place. I've not had any issues (outside of when there's actual maintanence happening) with my hub 3. 

There's some work going on in the area after checking right now. But this has been going on for about 3 weeks and I've checked before and there's been 0 maintanence previously and Virgin are normally pretty quick with works. (at least they are in previous times by me) it just seems weird that the issues have only risen since having the hub 5

TheFatLad
Joining in

Also, not sure if this helps but I can't put a BQM on my line as it completely drops my internet out. Also, if i run a speed test that can also have the same affect and the router loses connection for about 30 seconds. 

TheFatLad
Joining in

This is the latest log.

1000029612.png

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi there 👋

Thanks for posting, and welcome to the Community Forums.

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing some issues with your service. I've taken a look on our side and can see there is currently a known problem in your area. The details are below.

Fault Type: SNR (Signal-To-Noise)

Fault Reference: F011017740

Estimated Fix Time: 26 OCT 2023 09:00

Our teams are working as quickly as possible to resolve this issue, and we're very sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Regards,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ