cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 5 flashing red light

mtyt
Joining in

Hi all,

My hub is flashing a red light, but I have checked all the wires and all are connected securely. I called 150 and there is a service fault in my area, but I would like to know if it is normal for the hub to be flashing a red light due to service fault. Or is the flashing red light due to a faulty area. I can't really identify the problem because my computer is able to connect to the wifi, but there is no internet.

Thank you!

3 REPLIES 3

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Red flashing LED means the hub has lost connection with the VM network. It normally is not a hub problem, but a VM cable/cab/network problem.

Keep phoning Area faults on 0800 561 0061 If you have a VM landline 150 this goes down to post code level. You could also try the web page status, but this is not recommended as it only covers issues that affect a very large number of customers.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Is it likely that the problem is due to the fact that service around my area is disrupted? Cause my cables are all connected and fine....

Hi mtyt

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

I am sorry to hear of any broadband issues - normally the red light on the hub means an issue with the network - https://www.virginmedia.com/help/broadband/virgin-media-wifi-not-working 

Have you checked the faults line to get the estimated fix date/time?

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill