cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 5 country code wrong

BlueMonday5000
Tuning in

Hi there,

Please can anyone explain why a brand new hub 5 router is displaying the wrong country code via the MacBook WiFi diagnostics?

I’ve tried a pinhole reset and standard reset via power cycle - it changes to GB for a second then reverts to some place in Europe.

Any ideas? My previous hub 3 was fine and displayed correctly.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thanks for response.

Yeah no Vpn in play. 
isp is showing as gb and all checks out but Mac network diagnostics still seeing it as a netherland router. If they are euro units like you say, that could be the reason?

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

11 REPLIES 11

Client62
Legend

https://whatismyipaddress.com/     Check Location is returned as UK ?  and ISP as Virgin Media Limited ?

If not, check all VPNs and Apple private browsing tools and the like are disabled.

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Your not running a VPN ?

These new Hub 5's are "European" units as Liberty Global, VM Parent Company is European.  It could be the firmware on the Hub 5 is not quite "localised" yet ......

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi, thanks for response.

isp is uk and everything checks out as virgin.

just the physical router is still showing incorrectly via Mac diagnostics as Netherland. Could it be a faulty unit?  

Thanks for response.

Yeah no Vpn in play. 
isp is showing as gb and all checks out but Mac network diagnostics still seeing it as a netherland router. If they are euro units like you say, that could be the reason?

Also, another point, even if I was on apple’s vpn or whichever, my hub 3 would always pick up a GB country code. So the router is still set to the wrong region for some reason.

cje85
Trouble shooter

This is fairly common on routers but shouldn't have any impact. I've had various ASUS routers over the years and all of them have the country code set to 'DE' but it doesn't affect the performance in any way. 

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@BlueMonday5000 wrote:

Hi, thanks for response.

isp is uk and everything checks out as virgin.

just the physical router is still showing incorrectly via Mac diagnostics as Netherland. Could it be a faulty unit?  

As stated earlier Liberty Global that owns Virgin use the same internet kit in all their European operations, so they are interchangeable. Some hub 3s will show UPC on boot up (Ireland) before VMs UK firmware takes over. What matters more is that you have a UK IP address.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Client62
Legend

The Hub 5 has UK IP and VM as the ISP.  

Clearly it is the MAC reporting the wrong country code !

Thanks for your response. 

Do you mean the router MAC address or the actual MacBook itself is reporting the wrong region?