cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 5 change password not working

Itismenow
On our wavelength

Ok, I have read the topics and looked at the videos on changing the password for the hub 5.

I know how to do it-but it is not working.

Keeps coming up wrong password, I am putting in the right password from the sticker/bottom of the hub.

Very frustrating! Any ideas?

I have used different browsers, I am wired to my computer.

38F9ADDF-3D82-482F-B522-144986BBECE3.jpeg

3 REPLIES 3

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Are you sure you are using the ‘settings’ password.., not the ‘WiFi’ password?

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Do a 60" reset.

With the Hub still "switched on" throughout, press the reset pin in firmly with paper clip/SIM tray tool or similar "thin thing" and hold it firmly for at least 60 (a timed sixty) seconds, release the pin, leave for 5’ to stabilise - dont manually switch it off at any time.

Both of the Passwords and the SSID will reset to those on the sticker so log in and change them back to what you want them to be

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Spoony36
Superfast

I have the exact same issue and Hub 5 was only installed 1hr ago, tried the pinhole reset and still saying password is invalid

Spoony36_0-1692981562223.png