cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 5 - availability?

Grumps70
On our wavelength

Hi

Does anyone know when the Hub 5 will be more widely available. My hub 4 is not so good on wifi and would prefer not to have pods around the home. I am on 1g package.

Regards

[MOD EDIT: Subject title changed for clarity]

6 REPLIES 6

Client62
Legend

Is your Hub 4 poor on Wi-Fi because the 2.4Ghz band has stopped working ?

Grumps70
On our wavelength

Hi

Have just checked with analyzer app and 2.4 appears to be working ok.

Grumps70
On our wavelength

Hi again

I have been checking at various times with the analyzer over the last couple of days and have found that the 2.4ghz is not always showing even when in the same room as the hub.  Whereas the 5ghz always shows albeit very weak in other rooms. I wonder if this could also be  why our mobiles sometimes stop receiving WiFi and switch over to 4g.

Cheers

Hi @Grumps70 

Thanks for posting and welcome back to the community.

Sorry to hear of the issue with the 2.4 connection.

We don't actively support splitting so would only be able to advise putting channel optimisation on and then using the Connect App to do a wireless scan to make sure all is running fine. We've done a check today and there's no issues/area outage etc.

Please could you also unplug the router for 2 mins as well soon? It's been up for 83 days.

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Grumps70
On our wavelength

Hi John

Have rebooted & channel optimisation is on. Have also used the connect app and all shows OK at the moment. Slowest speed at time of test 296 in furthest room away from hub. I have saved the results of  wifi scan and will check from time to time to see if any major changes occur. 

Regards

Alan

Hi @Grumps70 / Alan

Thanks for coming back to me. Glad to hear things looking better. Do the reboot as well and pop back if we can ever assist further 🙂

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill