cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 5 and virginmedia connect app

BobbyW
Dialled in

We've installed a hub 5 and found that it's not compatible with the virginmedia connect app, so we can't pause the internet for various devices connected. I'd tried uninstalling the hub 5 and reinstalling the hub 3 but couldn't get the internet through it. I'd prefer the hub 3 which allows us to control the devices connected.

14 REPLIES 14

lotharmat
Community elder
You need to be patient! VM have only had 2 years to make it compatible with the hub 4 - these things take time!*

*Still not done for hub 4 - I wouldn't hold my breath for the 5.................

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

🙂 if I'd have known I'd have stuck with the hub 3. When I tried to swop back it won't give us internet access.

You'd need to phone up to get it rectivated!

To be honest though there's not anything you can do in the app that can't be done with the web interface!

Thanks.

It's just the convenience of being able to pause the internet on the other devices via the click of a couple of buttons on my phone rather than faffing around with the web.

I'd made the assumption that VM would update their apps at the same pace as their hubs.

If only! 🙂

You know what'll save your sanity! - Modem mode and your own router - TP-Link have the tether app that does all of that.

I haven't looked back - had pretty average WiFi with the Hub but have been very impressed with the Archer C7*

*Disclaimer - I don't work for TP-Link - Just an impressed customer!

Thanks

virgin media call it Hub 4 not 5

My Broadband Ping - Virgin Media 350MB

Using Ultimate Volt bundle

Just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong. If you do like my answer please mark it as helpful; it may help others

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

My personal feeling and I have no knowledge that this will happen, is that the app will die when the Hub3s are decommissioned.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

sorry hub 5 is in Trial mode and its invite only but hub 4 does not work on the app too

My Broadband Ping - Virgin Media 350MB

Using Ultimate Volt bundle

Just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong. If you do like my answer please mark it as helpful; it may help others