cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 5 and WiFi pods

FranD24
Tuning in

Hi, 

Had terrible service since new installation back in Dec 21. Numerous calls to helpline and engineer call out. 
Signal didn’t reach back of bungalow and also WiFi kept dropping and had to constantly reboot router. 
Had Hub3 with 3x WiFi pods and signal then fine at back of bungalow but still WiFi kept dropping out. Customer service increased speed to 350 to see if that was help as said I had too many connections (24). 
Still issues so engineer came out and swapped Hub for another Hub3, no change still kept freezing and having to reboot. 
Came back and now have Hub5, connection now stable but signal terrible and doesn’t reach back of house. Have Sky Glass and now TV stopping and starting again due to weak signal. 
I believe WiFi pods are still being tested with Hub5, I’m hoping this helps but at moment I’m so frustrated as paying for service I’m not receiving and been like this since installation back in Dec. 
Currently sending this on 4G as no signal in room I’m in, feel like I’m paying for a service I’m not receiving, can you help please!! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@FranD24 wrote:

I don’t really want to have to pay out for a mesh system if I can get away with it. Also don’t know a lot about Mesh systems, can you recommend any so I can look at them? 

Regarding bungalow can’t run cables as have big flat roof extension at the back and that’s where the black spot is 😢

the google ones are highly regarded. as are amazon eeros, the bt ones are fine too just think of it as renting them, they hold their price quite well when reselling or the asus xt8 £310 if you want high end ones again you wont lose much when selling them 

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

15 REPLIES 15

Treble1
Fibre optic

Nobody knows how long it will take vm to make the pods work with the hub 5 knowing them it won’t be a priority

so maybe get a mesh system in place and if they do get it sorted you can flog it and get the pods back 

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If you live in a bungalow, use 2 PoE Access Points in the ceiling, one at each end of the property.   That should sort out your wifi no matter what Hub or ISP you use.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

I don’t really want to have to pay out for a mesh system if I can get away with it. Also don’t know a lot about Mesh systems, can you recommend any so I can look at them? 

Regarding bungalow can’t run cables as have big flat roof extension at the back and that’s where the black spot is 😢

@FranD24 wrote:

the google ones are highly regarded. as are amazon eeros, the bt ones are fine too just think of it as renting them, they hold their price quite well when reselling or the asus xt8 £310 if you want high end ones again you wont lose much when selling them 

Thanks for info, before I consider paying so much for a mesh system does anyone know when the WiFi pods will be able to work with Hub5 as I have 3 of these.
I believe they are in testing but any eta known? 

@FranD24 wrote:

Thanks for info, before I consider paying so much for a mesh system does anyone know when the WiFi pods will be able to work with Hub5 as I have 3 of these.
I believe they are in testing but any eta known? 

how long is  a piece of string the hub 5 has been in operation now for 6 months and still not compatible dont get me wrong i wish they was compatible as i have 3 super pods and a hub 4 vm do wifi 6 pods so hopefully they are getting them to work with the hub 5 and i get both

but god only knows when they will be ready you have to be very patient with vm, sometimes i think vm have a small testing room and every now and again a little old  man has a tinker with them scratches his head and leaves its that slow lol

Jeez didn’t know Hub 5 had been out 6 months and still not compatible with pods. 
I could probably cope but with having Sky Glass it’s driving me insane trying to watch stuff 😢

@FranD24 wrote:

Jeez didn’t know Hub 5 had been out 6 months and still not compatible with pods. 
I could probably cope but with having Sky Glass it’s driving me insane trying to watch stuff 😢

yes unfortunately well theirs always amazon have a play with a mesh if you dont get on with it send it back but you cant go wrong with a decent one usually bullet proof 

Do Virgin reply to any posts on here to give a definitive answer re when the WiFi pods will be available. My engineer said they were being tested with customers. 
Any chance of being on this pilot? 😃