cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 5 and TP-Link Archer c6 V2 very slow speeds

dangl
Joining in

I have recently moved to a Virgin media home hub 5 on the 1Gbps package.

When using the hub directly, I get 850Mbps on cat6 ethernet cable or 750Mbps on 5ghz wi-fi. 

>> Internet > Hub in router mode > Laptop

When I set the hub to modem mode and connect to my Archer v6 via cat6 ethernet cable, I only get 80Mbps down on wi-fi and 120Mbps on cat6 ethernet. When I connect directly to the hub in modem mode, I'm still getting 850Mbps on cat6 ethernet. 

>> Internet > Hub in modem mode > Router > Laptop

I have checked all the settings on my router and nothing should be causing this throttling. I have replaced the ethernet cables with brand new cat6 cables and this is still not working. I have confirmed the issue on three different laptops (windows 10 & 11) and two mobiles (android and apple). I have also tried AP mode and get the same issue.

At all times I am using the 2.5Gbps port on the hub, but have tried the other 1Mbps ports with the same issue.

Any ideas how I can fix this? It feels like the hub is throttling my connection somewhere!

2 REPLIES 2

Client62
Legend

Having confirmed the speed is available at the Hub.
It reads like the Archer Router is limiting the performance. Check QoS / DPI are fully disabled.

legacy1
Alessandro Volta

might be a faulty TP-Link or try copying your PC MAC to your router and see what hapens

---------------------------------------------------------------