cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 5 - adding domains to firewall.

Jurasik
Dialled in

Hi all

I work from home a few days a week. My company laptop has tekla structures on it & I have been having licence issues with it.

I have asked Trimble (the software manufacturer) for guidance & they recommend adding some domains to the firewall. The only firewall that could be causing the issue is the one in the Hub 5. 

I've looked in the settings for it & I can't see where I can add these domains.

Can any help with a FAQ or link which shows how I go about this?

6 REPLIES 6

Client62
Legend

The Hub's have few if any firewall controls to be honest.

The domains are you trying to grant access to them , or to prevent access to them ?

If we assume it is grant access. Perhaps from you office laptop connected to the Hub 5, test you can ping / nslookup / tracert each domain to confirm connectivity is possible.

The domains are needed to allow the software to access the licence server. It's having issues & I want to rule out any firewall problems.

I'll give the ping a go & report back.

Perhaps the company laptop has a VPN to the office

If you looked like you are on the office IT platform would that help the licence process to work.

Hi. 

The laptop does have VPN, but the software doesn't use it - it goes to a licence server completely outside the company network.

Thanks.

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Maybe the issue is Web Safe. To see if this is the cause:

• in Windows open a Command Shell
  • otherwise open Terminal application

then enter the following command

curl -I protonvpn.com

If he resulting output is similar to the following then Web Safe is on and you should continue reading, otherwise post back here with resulting output for further help:

HTTP/1.1 302 Found
Connection: keep-alive
Content-Length: 0
Location: http://websafe.virginmedia.com/childsafe-blocked.html

Repeat the process for the domains you have been asked to allow and confirm if Child Safe or Web Safe is blocking access. If Child Save is blocking access the location line will be:

Location: http://websafe.virginmedia.com/childsafe-blocked.htm

and Virus Safe:

Location: http://websafe.virginmedia.com/virussafe-blocked.htm

If Child Safe is blocking access then normally the suggestion would be to allow those domains but unfortunately retaining custom settings is an issue at present so the following is for information only:

1. sign into My Virgin Media | Virgin Media using account holder's authentication credentials
  2. select Account settings > Online security > Websites
  3. enter domain to allow and select Add in Allowed Websites section
  4. repeat step 4 until all domains have been added
  5. select Save changes

Due to issues with Child Safe not retain custom settings either:

• disable it if it is not required on home network
  • otherwise avoid its use on a specific device by manually setting DNS to another provider, for example, Set up guides | Quad9

If Virus Safe is blocking access then:

1. report false positive here Report a website or emailing websafefeedback@​virginmedia.co.uk
  2. if absolutely confident of false positive and all device on home network have other malware protection then consider temporarily disabling Virus Safe

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click helpful.jpeg Mark as Helpful Answer and solved, or use thanks.jpeg Kudos to say thanks

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Jurasik thanks for your post here in the Community although we're sorry to hear of the concerns you've raised.

We aren't able to add any domains to firewalls to our Hub 5's unfortunately, but if this is resulting in issues for you it will be a third party issue unfortunately and we don't support with these sadly.

Hopefully though, our VIP's can continue to support so please continue to post in here if you need further help.

Many thanks

Tom_W