cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 5 - Yellow Light & Total Loss Of Service

Elliot_Alderson
Joining in

Hi all,

Moved property back in December of last year and took my 1Gig package with me to the new address. Shortly after moving in I noticed my Hub 5 would do a full restart every night after midnight.

After a few weeks talking back and forth with customer service I finally got an engineer to come have a look late January. After replacing an exterior cable the issue looked to be resolved.

However the next day another engineer turned up without a booking mentioning that my signal levels were all wrong even though the internet appeared fine. He then proceeded to go to our local cabinet and “correct the connection” in his words knocking my internet completely offline in the process and then just leaving.

This was Saturday the 28th of January and since then I’ve had an absolute nightmare of total loss of connection with the odd couple of hours where the internet will work for 1 minute then be gone again for 5 minutes so much so I’ve just given up.

Have had two high speed engineers visit the property and claim they have fixed the issue (I’ve had three Hub 5’s and multiple indoor cables replaced now) just for the internet to go fully again only a couple hours later. No idea what’s going on as the internet used to work fine apart from the original midnight reset issue and customer service are truly awful claiming there is no issue and I’m not entitled to any compensation.

Any chance anyone on here has experienced similar or can offer some advice?

2 REPLIES 2

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@Elliot_Alderson wrote:

Hi all,

Moved property back in December of last year and took my 1Gig package with me to the new address. Shortly after moving in I noticed my Hub 5 would do a full restart every night after midnight.

After a few weeks talking back and forth with customer service I finally got an engineer to come have a look late January. After replacing an exterior cable the issue looked to be resolved.

However the next day another engineer turned up without a booking mentioning that my signal levels were all wrong even though the internet appeared fine. He then proceeded to go to our local cabinet and “correct the connection” in his words knocking my internet completely offline in the process and then just leaving.

This was Saturday the 28th of January and since then I’ve had an absolute nightmare of total loss of connection with the odd couple of hours where the internet will work for 1 minute then be gone again for 5 minutes so much so I’ve just given up.

Have had two high speed engineers visit the property and claim they have fixed the issue (I’ve had three Hub 5’s and multiple indoor cables replaced now) just for the internet to go fully again only a couple hours later. No idea what’s going on as the internet used to work fine apart from the original midnight reset issue and customer service are truly awful claiming there is no issue and I’m not entitled to any compensation.

Any chance anyone on here has experienced similar or can offer some advice?

If you have a 'total loss of service' (para #16 in the second link below) then familiarise yourself with these documents

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/billing-and-payments/automatic-compensation

https://www.virginmedia.com/legal/fibre-optic-services-terms-conditions/automatic-compensation

One of the VM forum team will reply here within a few days but if you have had multiple bungled visits from technicians and multiple swaps of hub equipment and cables then it sounds like the issue needs escalating beyond routine tech visits as they don't appear to be solving anything for you.

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey Elliot_Alderson, thanks for reaching out on our help forum.
We're sorry to hear of all the issues faced with your newly fitted hub 5 after your move to this property and this poor experience.

We'd love to best assist with this ongoing problem, please let us know where you are with this since you last posted? 
Has the problem been resolved with any of the tech visits?
Tell us more and we're here to help.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs