cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 5 WiFi Calling

CaptainMcScrump
Tuning in

Hello,

I have found that my Hub5 is not allowing WiFi calling for an iPhone 13 and iPhone 11 both on the most recent iOS release. We have tried resetting network settings on the iPhones but this hasn’t worked.

We are in a dead spot for 4g with only ~ 1 bar, so Wi-Fi calling is needed. It was working when we had the hub 4!

Is there a setting that can be changed on the router? Or am I going to have to buy a mesh..

Regards

Jack

7 REPLIES 7

Client62
Legend

Make sure that your iPhones have Apple's Private Browsing / Private IP Disabled.   ( all VPN tools )

The link below should return Virgin Media Limited as the ISP

https://whatismyipaddress.com/

legacy1
Alessandro Volta
I would suggest a better router with 1Gb ports and put hub in modem mode
---------------------------------------------------------------

After a couple of resets on the phone some calls are going through with WiFi calling. But we are experiencing frequent call drops.

My friend is also with Virgin Media but uses an Eero mesh and WiFi calling works without issue.

@CaptainMcScrump wrote:

My friend is also with Virgin Media but uses an Eero mesh and WiFi calling works without issue.

Do you wonder why that is or should I?

---------------------------------------------------------------

Hi CaptainMcScrump 👋

Thanks for posting and welcome back to our Community Forums.

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing some trouble with Wi-Fi Calling on your devices. To confirm, is it just both iPhones that are experiencing problems, or other devices that have Wi-Fi Calling capabilities too?

Can you also confirm whether Wi-Fi Calling is something your Mobile Network Provider supports as well and is activated on their end? Have you made any changes to your Hub in the past, or have any active firewalls/configurations? If so, have you tried reverting these? 

Cheers,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

I setup a mesh network with Eero Pro 6.

No issue with WiFi calls dropping and getting 600Mbps upstairs vs 200Mbps with the virgin router and extender.

Thanks for your support.

Hi @CaptainMcScrump,

Thank you for the update. I'm glad to hear that you've now been able to resolve your concerns.

Please do let us know if there's anything more that we can assist you with.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!