cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 5 VPN issues

SteveB41
Joining in

Hub 5 installed and works well, BUT no access to my work VPN and needed as work from home.  Worked with Hub 3.  Come on Virgin Media get it sorted.  Have been a VM customer for over 20 years, but in this day and age people need access to their workplaces.

Kick in the teeth is that VM want an extra £4 per month from 1 March!

Comment from IT guys at work

"In some cases, they can use TR-069 (a feature only available to the ISP when using ISP-supplied hardware) to remotely change the setting specifically for your connection. Therefore, it is worth calling their support to see if they can do this for you.  TR-069 (also known as ACS) is how they patch/maintain the equipment they supply you with behind the scenes.  It's very possible with a few bits of information from your end (e.g. router Serial Number) that they can add an exception to the standard configuration they push out." - can this be done ?

8 REPLIES 8

lotharmat
Community elder
Have a read of this:

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-WiFi/Hub-5-VPN-issues/td-p/4893373

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

Thanks, Yes i have - but there is no resolution other than to spend more money on another router.

Basically the Hub 5 is in trial and VM are aware of VPN Issues with it.

I'd call up and try and get your old hub back!

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

Hi SteveB41, sorry to hear you are having VPN issues with your hub 5.

Thank you to @lotharmat for linking the ongoing Hub5/VPN issues thread

Sadly we cannot guarantee VPN's working, as we do not provide technical support for these - but I do appreciate your frustration.

If you would like we can arrange a downgrade of your hub to support resolving the issue. Please get back to us in this thread if this is a route you would like to take. 

All the best. 

Molly

@SteveB41 wrote:

Thanks, Yes i have - but there is no resolution other than to spend more money on another router.

This should be done regardless of VPN issues. The hubs are generally poor as routers. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi

J_tingey
Tuning in

I can’t believe this issue is still ongoing, I was sent the hub 5 at the begging of the year and had all the issues with not being able to work at last they gave me a hub 4 back.

now I have just upgraded to bring my tv package over with vm and even after I said please don’t install the hub 5 they did they did and I have the same problem all over again. For 2 weeks all I have had is people liking saying they have sent a hub 4 out and when I call back to chase it there is no record of it. I was even told an appointment had been booked for an engineer to now find out that was a lie.

Has anyone found a solution as I’m at my wits end and just thinking of leaving and going to sky ? 

legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Less pain to get your own router with 1Gb ports and use hub in modem mode.
---------------------------------------------------------------

Hey @J_tingey,
Welcome back to the community and thanks for taking the time to post.
I’m sorry to hear of the issues that you’re having with your hub, have you been able to speak to the team since you last posted about this?

Regards,

Steven_L