cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 5 Unstable connection

RoscoeM79
Joining in

I recently upgraded to Hub 5 and GIG1 fibre broadband and since then my connection has been dropping on an almost daily basis. It drops for maybe only a minute but can happen multiple times a day and is across every connected device.

Running test on the app shows no issues at all so wondering if anyone can help?

15 REPLIES 15

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

See this....

Can we check… are the issues only evident on wifi connections or do you see them at the same times on devices connected on ethernet cables? If you don't know, can you check to help diagnose whether it is just a wifi issue or it could be network connection/Hub related?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello RoscoeM79.

Thanks for your first post and welcome to our Community.
Sorry to hear you are having an issue with your connection after the upgrade.
I'd did run a quick check on your power levels and can see the up and downstream levels are out of the range we require for a steady service.

I will need to arrange for a Technician to attend to sort the levels out.
If you don't mind, I will need to send you a private message to pass security. 
If you can check your envelope at the  top right of your screen that would be great. 
Regards     
Gareth_L

I don't have anything connected via ethernet

Thanks, I got your message but see no way to reply to it? 

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for those details RoscoeM79,

No we have booked the Technician in, Can you please keep us posted on how the service is after the visit.

Gareth_L

Go to 192.168.0.1 and click on the "check router status" option under the login option. From there click on the network log tab and see if you are experiancing any Critial errors. If you are, namely T3 or T4 errors, then you are experiancing the same issue as I am. And At the present time all of my equipment has been swapped bar the cable from the street to my house. Which I am waiting to be replaced. These errors occour when the signal from VM is unable to contact your router. Most likely due to a broken, old, or faulty coaxel cable. You will likely need a replacement aswell.

RoscoeM79
Joining in

So the engineer came out basically said there was an issue with Hub 5s and changed my hub to a Hub 4. Now getting half the speed on WiFi and Virgin Media Connect App won't connect to hub so can't run speed test to get a pod. 

Thanks for coming back to us @RoscoeM79, can you please confirm what speeds you're currently getting when the hub is placed in modem mode and running with a Cat 6 or above Ethernet cable?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Screenshot_20230525-185601.png