cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 5 Unable to forward common ports

Schmill
Dialled in

This used to work but now if I try to setup a port forward for port 80 or 443 the hub gives an error message "Sorry! There was an error while updating your settings. Please try again a bit later."

If I try to forward and use external port 81, or 444 then no problem, which leads me to believe that perhaps this is a permanent block of some kind?

My HUB 5 info shows as:

Hub 5 device information

The information below shows current status of this Hub 5.

Standard specification compliantDOCSIS 3.1
Hardware version1.1
Software versionLG-RDK_4.6.24-2206.7

My Broadband Ping - My VM Connection
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Schmill wrote:

This used to work but now if I try to setup a port forward for port 80 or 443 the hub gives an error message "Sorry! There was an error while updating your settings. Please try again a bit later."

On same version of Hub but cannot replicate issue:
2023-06-01.jpeg
What happens if you try to create a rule that overlaps the port, i.e. port 79 to 81?

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click helpful.jpeg Mark as Helpful Answer and solved, or use thanks.jpeg Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

legacy1
Alessandro Volta

Guess new firmware and VM think an attacker gets hold of the hubs network and sets up a bad web server....or maybe UPnP has them open?

So if you want them ports go look for a router and put hub in modem mode.

---------------------------------------------------------------

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Schmill wrote:

On same version of Hub but cannot replicate issue:
2023-06-01.jpeg
What happens if you try to create a rule that overlaps the port, i.e. port 79 to 81?

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click helpful.jpeg Mark as Helpful Answer and solved, or use thanks.jpeg Kudos to say thanks

That's promising, thank you.

Maybe the settings have got corrupt in some way...

I'll try your suggestion and if that doesn't work, perhaps I'll make a note of all the settings and do a full reset.

It seems that this "issue" is because a machine on the network has added a Upnp time for the port forward but for some reason the hub UI had stopped showing ports assigned via Upnp.

I KNOW it's Upnp as if I disabled it I am then able to manually add the rule.

So it seems that the problem isn't that I can't add the rule, but rather than the HUB5 UI had stopped showing Upnp applied port forwarding...

Hi Schmill,

Thanks for posting, and sorry to hear you're having some hub issues. I can see you've mentioned doing a full reset, can you confirm if you've done this?

Alex_Rm