cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 5 - Port forward both 443 and 8123 to 8123

JGHSmith
Joining in

I need to forward ports 8123 and 443 to 8123 however when I try to set the second rule the hub5 gives me an error message "overlapping rules". How do I fix this?

2 REPLIES 2

Sabrina_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @JGHSmith 👋.

We cannot recommend personalising settings on your Hub as this is designed and calibrated for optimum performance, also whilst you attempt to adjust the settings you forward a port you send all traffic to a single address. If you need 2 devices to receive the data on the same port then you need to forward it to a single device that connects those 2 additional devices to the network.

Sabrina

@Sabrina_B wrote:

Hi @JGHSmith👋.

We cannot recommend personalising settings on your Hub as this is designed and calibrated for optimum performance, also whilst you attempt to adjust the settings you forward a port you send all traffic to a single address. If you need 2 devices to receive the data on the same port then you need to forward it to a single device that connects those 2 additional devices to the network.

Sabrina

Lost in translation.😜

Anyway other routers can forward ports 8123 and 443 to 8123 to a given IP just not the hub and yes VM will do nothing to help you with that

---------------------------------------------------------------