cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 5 / More WiFi Pods

Quidzilla
Joining in

Can I ask how I can get more WiFi Pods. I see I am entitled to get 3 in total but only have one. I have a few spots in the house where I still get very low signal that keeps dropping. Our house is quite old and we have very thick walls. 

Also we are on the ultimate ooomph bundle but still have a hub 4. Can I ask about getting the latest hub 5 as well

4 REPLIES 4

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
You wont get a Hub5 yet if your Hub4 is working well they are preserving stocks.

Re pods - see...

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/wifi-max

You call 0800 064 3850 to order the first one after scanning for blackspots using the connect App.- or just wait here for a VM person to respond in a day or two and they will sort the first one for you. If you do call dont get fobbed off by the offshore CS agents' saying you aren’t eligible it will be £5 or £8 month - you are… and it wont be - just look on the webpage.

As you are in a "difficult" building for wif you may want to invest in even better equipment of your own, you would need to get either a… (1) Mesh System, (2) Wireless router, (3) Wireless access point (4) A combination of (2,3). A mesh m

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Quidzilla 

Thanks for posting and welcome back to the community.

I am sorry to hear of the issues with the signal. If you download the Connect App 👉 https://www.virginmedia.com/broadband/connect-app you'll be able to do a wireless scan in the property. This will check and identify any coverage blackspot issues, optimise where possible and if a Pod is needed, you'll be prompted to order.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

I have already downloaded the app but I can never get my router to connect to it. Doesn't find it. Therefore this is why I am asking how to order one on online as well as a new router

Thank you for that. We can certainly look to help with that. I will private message you now to confirm your details. 

^Martin