cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 5 - Changing some settings killed my WiFi

mcmastere
Tuning in

I had an upgrade to Hub 5 a few days ago after complaining about intermittent drop outs of my WiFi (from a Hub 4)

Yesterday I changed some settings in the hub:

Changed the default login password

Changed the WiFI security mode to WPA2-PSK/WPA3-SAE

Changed DHCP starting local address to 192 . 168 . 0 . 130

Number of CPEs to 120

and added 3 reserved addresses for 2 phones and 1 tablet.

Some time later I discovered my WiFi had dropped out.
When I logged back into the hub, every setting was greyed out.
I had to reset to factory defaults (Reload and Reboot) to get my WiFi back.
Has anyone else had similar issue or know which changed setting caused the issue ?

Thanks, Euan
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Client62
Legend

Has anyone else had similar issue or know which changed setting caused the issue ?

Yes ! There are multiple threads on this matter.

All Hub 5 are on the same two year old firmware, so they can all behave like this. Once you start to modify the settings you very quickly run into  the frailty of the Hub 5's Wi-Fi and its DHCP server failures.

Using the Hub 5 in modem mode + 3rd party router or mesh is the only way to resolve these issues today.

As more and more Hub 5's are issued, I need a bit of text like this ready to copy / paste !

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

1 REPLY 1

Client62
Legend

Yes ! There are multiple threads on this matter.

All Hub 5 are on the same two year old firmware, so they can all behave like this. Once you start to modify the settings you very quickly run into  the frailty of the Hub 5's Wi-Fi and its DHCP server failures.

Using the Hub 5 in modem mode + 3rd party router or mesh is the only way to resolve these issues today.

As more and more Hub 5's are issued, I need a bit of text like this ready to copy / paste !