Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Hub 4

I installed the new hub 4 on Monday and I'm tearing my hair out!! I only have WiFi in 2 rooms now. My living room and my bedroom. Both children are driving me crazy because they can't get online in their rooms. I've tried putting the hub 3 back in but it won't work. I've spent over 3 hours on hold to VM and nor got hold of a human yet! Anyone else having issues? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub 4

This is a common issue with the Hub 4 going by the number of threads on here about its lack of Wi-Fi capability.

Just a few things that can affect Wi-Fi in the average home …

Mirrors, furniture, fish tanks, people, radiators, walls (some more than others), cordless phones, baby monitors, microwave ovens, fridges & freezers, TVs, next doors Wi-Fi and Wi-Fi equipment, DAB transmitters, the list is endless.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Many people have accepted that the VM Wi-Fi is poor and have purchased third party equipment that is much, much more powerful than the VM supplied kit and once set up have wondered why they waited for so long.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - 26_Aug_2020