Menu
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hub 4

Just installed new hub4, internet OK but lost landline and my Bose SoundTouch won’t connect.

is there anything that can be done, or do I reconnect my old router and throw this thing in the bin.

Roll on the end of this contract and I can go back to someone who will help me

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Hub 4

If the Hub4 is activated then the old Hub will have been deactivated. If you are on the 1GB package then you HAVE to have the Hub4. If not, you will have to call in and persuade them to re-activate the old Hub. Was that a Hub3? If so you have a good chance they will do it for you if you explain the situation. Old SH's - less likely but you could ask for a Hub3.

They will want the Hub4 returned - not binned. 🙂

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Cheers John,

I tried reconnecting my old hub3 and nothing worked as you said I would ‘t

Looks like I can look forward to many hours on the phone trying to get help from VM

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Calling around 08.00 (midweek) is usually the best time for short waits. Or else it's... speaker-phone on the chair arm, in front of the TV with a big cuppa and a plate of biscuits 🙂

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi CharlieSmart,

Thanks for posting on the Community Forums, I'm really sorry for our delayed response and to hear you've had a few problems since installing your new Hub 4.

I've had a look at things from here and can see that your telephony service is showing as active, can you please confirm if you are still unable to make and receive calls?

Can you also please tell me what happens when you try to connect you Bose speakers to the Hub 4? What error message is received (if any) when you try to connect it up?

Thanks,

Beth

0 Kudos