Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Hub 4

Hi,

I have recently upgraded to the Hub 4 and have nothing but problems, the internet keeps going off and I need to start the hub atleast 5-10 times a day. The WiFi coverage is worse now and I had to but new extenders as they weren’t compatible with the new hub. 

is anyone else having issues? I did try tech support but it’s an hour wait or an automated bot connect to my hub and telling me it’s not working 

0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub 4

Welcome to the “wonderful” world of the “upgraded” Hub4...

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub 4

For some (possibly many) people the Hub 4 is performing perfectly, but there certainly are a fair few customers experiencing severe problems after "upgrading" to a Hub 4.  This is a combination of technical teething troubles, lack of training and experience amongst the support and operations teams regarding the Hub 4 (and that's AFTER you get through to VM), and the fact that (for Gig 1 customers) the D3.1 channel needs better line quality than the "vanilla" D3.0 channels used for slower speeds.

So the short answer is yes, other people are having problems.  As to how to fix them, I can't help because the Hub 4's parameters for reliable operation are still regarded as a state secret by VM, so we can perhaps spot a few really obvious power or noise issues in the hub's status data, but beyond that we're in the dark.  The Hub 4's status pages are therefore a bit like a car dashboard with dials showing Grobits per hour and Squibbles per minute - the data's there, but nobody knows what it means.  So don't upgrade your car to anything supplied by Virgin Media.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos