Menu
Highlighted
Just joined
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hub 4 - wifi intermittent

Hi - I've reset my router and created 2 separate networks in my home for 2.4ghz and 5ghz channels but the connection keeps dropping from the 2 wifi boosters I have from Virgin Media. I've reset the router numerous times and called the second line support team for help on 4 occasions but they refuse to send a technician as the hub is showing from their perspective full connection to the router!

This is not the issue - it's the poor wifi from the router - can anyone help?

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Hub 4 - wifi intermittent

Put the hub into modem mode with your own router or mesh system.

They are correct that they cannot assist with WiFi issues.

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Just joined
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Gary
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Gary - I dont have the Hub4 but if its like the Hub3 - did you disable "smart wifi" too?

Scan for the best (least congested/strongest) 2.4 channel  to use in the location and switch your channel to that (one of - 1,6, or 11)

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

@jbrennand wrote:

I dont have the Hub4 but if its like the Hub3 - did you disable "smart wifi" too? And then scan for the best (least congested/strongest) 2.4 channel (1,6, or 11) to use in the location?

Thankfully there is no “smart” WiFi on the Hub4. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi