Menu
Tuning in
Message 1 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Hub 4 wifi dropping

I have had hub 4 for a few weeks. I was hoping that it may sort out my WIFI problems. I have very bad WiFi at home. I have installed 3 disk bt wholesome to try and help. Sonos speakers connect ok laptops ok tv and ps4 ok. Samsung s10+ is the big problem on the hub 3. Luckily we are on Vodafone so have plenty of data. We now have the Hub 4 and its now kicking everything off. Laptop won't connect it says connected no WiFi then it connects to Google I do a speed test and get 400 down and 30 upload. This also happens on the phones. Then I go to Google and try and search for something and I get cant conect no Internet so its back to data. I have phoned up and just get try pinhole reset and we will send a signal. It never improves. Its getting so bad the 2nd box on a TV in another room no longer works as no WiFi even the plug in boosters not working

I am getting to the stage of thinking I'm wasting my time and money. Is there a way to get it sorted??

•  
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub 4 wifi dropping

Are you still connecting via the whole home discs?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 3 of 28
Flag for a moderator

I have tried connecting directly with the hub 4 and nothing else and also with everything connected and with mesh bt disks. I get same results. Its been that bad the wife has not connected to the WiFi for 12 months.

0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 28
Flag for a moderator

What are your wired speeds like?

The whole home Wi-Fi is independent of the hubs Wi-Fi so if they’re not working well either it’s not just the hub.

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 5 of 28
Flag for a moderator

I don't have any way of testing all my laptops are WiFi only. The ps4 is wired but I was told that cant be used as unreliable

0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 28
Flag for a moderator

What speeds are recorded here: https://samknows.com/realspeed

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 7 of 28
Flag for a moderator

At work at the moment will check it this afternoon and put results up.

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 8 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Screenshot_20201112-145117_Samsung Internet.jpg

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 9 of 28
Flag for a moderator

On a laptop its 606 and 104

0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 10 of 28
Flag for a moderator

606Mbps for the speed to hub part?

0 Kudos