Menu
Dewi1jack
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hub 4 upgrade

Hi all.

Was looking through posts to sort a problem when I came across posts about an upgrade to hub 4.

If I received the upgrade email it must have gone into the spam folder. Yes there are times I forget to check through 600+ emails (or can't be bothered!!).

Am on their ultimate package with everything, even mobile phone.

Just wondering how to do the swap.

My hub 3 must be about 3 to 4 yrs old now and I'm wondering if some of the problems are "old age".

Many thanks 

Dewi 

0 Kudos
sophist
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Hub 4 upgrade

hub4's are only issued to customers on the gig package or customers who are in heavily overutilised gig-enabled areas.. if you think that there's a problem with your hub3 then it'll likely be replaced with a hub3.

what, specifically, are the issues you're having?

0 Kudos
Dewi1jack
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks.

Just disconnects randomly, drops internet connection completely

Disconnects my laptop, but leaves my phone hooked up. Or another person will drop off while mine stays connected.

Reset it (on off switch technique!!) and it's fine for a while, then does it again. Nearly cost me a contract, because the person the other end of the video call was getting irate with it dropping out.

Wasn't sure if I should do a factory reset or if that would slow the connection back down to what it was when it was first installed. It's now running at decent speeds.

Just winds me up going off like it does. At times I've felt like treating it like Basil Fawlty did with his car!

Also still have dead spots in the house and despite calling Virgin for 2 boosters to help punch the signal through very thick walls of an old style build, still only have 1 delivered. Have tried shifting the box to help that. The one booster has certainly helped with the signal upstairs.

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Put the hub into modem mode and attach your own better router or mesh system 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi