cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 4 upgrade link

Andrew3651
Dialled in

Had an email telling me I could claim an upgrade to Hub 4. Unfortunately (and not for the first time) the link sent by Virgin doesn't work.

Happening to anyone else?

146 REPLIES 146

Glad you got sorted so painlessly. I'm still waiting for H4 team to contact me. Incidentally was told that the roll out is initially targeting those on "lower" speeds, 100 and 200 Mbps as they'll apparently benefit most. 

Had a similar problem with CS re this. Order went through using the link but no confirmation email and hub hasn't been delivered on requested date. Rang CS to be told no record of order and they cant say whether a scam or not. Told to forward to phishing but I'll  never be told whether it was legitimate or not and according to CS I'll need to upgrade to get a Hub 4. Doesn't seem worth the extra effort at this point.

@Andrew3651 wrote:

And.... https://www.express.co.uk/life-style/science-technology/1308197/Virgin-Media-Broadband-Speed-Fibre-U...

All they need do now is tell staff.

....looks like a fridge freezer!!!!

deans6571_0-1598622934085.png

...that will go nicely with my other dark 'kitchen' appliance :

deans6571_1-1598623109257.png

🙄😆😆

Hey Andrew3651,

Thanks so much for posting on the forums and we welcome you to the community 🙂

We've been calling some of our customers who live in highly utilised areas with the offer to switch them over to our Hub 4. We may follow this up with a text message for customers who do not respond which will look something like:

"We’re improving your WiFi with our latest Hub 4, at no extra cost. Our best ever Hub is designed to deliver faster, more reliable WiFi speeds. We’ll send it straight to your home – it’s easy to set up yourself. To get yours, just text YES to 80197 for free. To opt out of our texts, send NO to 62147"

I will feedback that there have been some issues with the links you've received, so thank you for bringing that to our attention. Once your order has been fully processed by our Hub 4 Outbound team, Yodel will contact you with the tracking and delivery information. However please mind that due to Covid19 there may be some delays.

If you have any further questions please just let me know.

Beth

Beth

Hi Beth,

As my link doesn't work correctly is it something you are able to arrange for me please ?

Thanks

And also for me please Beth?

Hi backtothefuture and Rog22,

I can certainly look into this for you both (and of course Andrew3651). As this is a fairly new initiative, we currently aren't able to process any free Hub 4 upgrades from this department due to system restrictions. However I am going to look into this for you all and contact the relevant team to find out the next steps to getting this sorted.

I will pop back when I do have further updates regarding this, but for now if there's anything else I can help you with please just give me a shout. Thanks for your patience with this in the meantime.

Many thanks,

Beth

Beth

Thanks Beth, fyi I and others did not receive a call or text, but emails (with faulty links). 

I am, allegedly, being sorted now but I've not as yet heard anything from the H4 team and, frankly, am still fuming at the way I was treated throughout most of a 2 hour call. In short VM set out to do something good, but managed to get it so wrong they lost any of the goodwill they might have generated. 

Amazing that a communications business cannot communicate with its own CS (and tech)  staff so that they can give out the proper information. It is not a scam - that they are still suggesting it may be in fact undermines their own anti-phishing initiative . It's legit. It's been publicised in national and tech press. But the roll out is clearly a mess. 

I am still waiting for a date for my H4.

I'm new to Virgin and having had the Hub 3 set up for a week with 100Mbps service, I have had issues with the range of the Hub 3, that has never ever been an issue with previous routers.  We basically loose connection in the kitchen, which has never happened with previous ISP equipment.

Faults team will only say there isn't a problem with the Hub and that it is more likely to be an obstruction issue - having not had the problem prior though, I dispute this.  The only option they say however is the additional cost of using boosters.  I've asked if they will consider replacing the 3 with a Hub 4, but I'm being told no, nor would they provide a free booster.

I'm really disappointed and will likely have to go through the rigmarole of terminating via the cooling off period, unless I can find a solution in the next couple of days.  Really pinned my hopes on a Hub 4.