Menu
hrf293
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hub 4 resets to default password after power cut

My new Hub 4 is great except that after the power is disconnected the network name and password reset to their factory defaults. Is this meant to happen? And is there a way of stopping it?

I had to give different names to the 2.4 and 5GHz networks to connect my smart alarm system to the 2.4GHz version, and now if the power cuts out for any reason the alarm is disconnected.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub 4 resets to default password after power cut

Hi hrf293,

Welcome to the Community Forums. Thanks for your first post!

That is most strange - a simple reboot of your hub should definitely not turn it to it's factory settings. I mean, it's slightly possible if you had a major power cut or the hub had no power to it for an extended period of time, but this should not be happening.

Have you tried turning the Hub on and off at the wall socket to see if this causes a factory reset? If so, we'll most likely need to replace the hub as a resolution.

Kind regards,

Beth

0 Kudos
hrf293
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Beth, thanks very much for your reply.

I've tested it a couple of times and switching off the power at the wall socket does always seem to reset the 2.4GHz network to the factory default (but the 5GHz settings stay the same).

0 Kudos
Zak_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for coming back to us @hrf293

Unless it is causing you any issues we wouldn't need to replace the hub. 

If it is causing issues then please do let us know and we can get an engineer round to come and investigate further. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

0 Kudos