Menu
Travistagram
Just joined
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Hub 4 rebooting loop

Hello!

So I’ve actually had it with the Hub 4. Ever since I upgraded from the hub 3 (about a month ago) I’ve had nothing but issues. I’ve had an engineer come out for the issue, which only sorted it for a day. 

The issue is, the hub will constantly enter a rebooting loop cycle where it will flash white for 10 minutes until it stays a solid white light, until repeating the flashing again. It used to grab a connection at least once per 100x rebooting, but it’s now becoming less and less stable as the reboots happen. Occasionally it does connect, but it’s super slow, unstable and then it’s only a matter of time before it kicks back to the rebooting cycle.
To top off the frustration, I’ve made a complaint, received a complain tracking number but when I try to track the complaint, it’s nowhere to be found. It’s been well over 7 days for that too. 

I’m paying for 1gig and not receiving anything close to a reliable service. 

Can anyone help me on this? Or should I cut my losses and downgrade back to what I was on?

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub 4 rebooting loop

Can we see some connection data. Can you do this (its a bit inexact as I have never seen a Hub4 !

First, do a Hub “pinhole reset” - make sure the 2 passwords on the Hub sticker are still there and legible first ! Disconnect any ethernet cables from the Hub, and then with the Hub still "switched on" throughout, press pin in firmly with paper clip/SIM tray tool or similar "thin thing" and hold it firmly for at least 60 seconds, release the pin, leave for 10’ to stabilise - dont manually switch it off at any time.

Then, Post up your Hub/network connection details and someone will check to see if there is a problem there.  In your browser’s URL box type in http://192.168.0.1  (or http://192.168.100.1 - if in modem mode) and hit return. On the first page up [there should be no need to login if you have done so before unless you have the New Hub4 when you do] click on the “router status” icon/text at bottom-middle of first page up (not sure where that is on a Hub4) find and then copy/paste as “Formatted Text” (not images) 3 FULL sets of data onto here – 2 pages from the Downstream, 2 from the Upstream, & the Network Logs page. Don't worry too much about the formatting it can be easily read & DON’T include personal data or MAC addresses - blank them out - if you copy/paste the data, the board software will do this for you (you may need to click the "submit" button again.

Also, in the meantime... If you haven’t already, set up a free and secure “Broadband Quality Monitor” to continually monitor the state of your connection and record any true network dropouts , latency issues, packet drops, etc - it will thus allow you to differentiate between those and simple wifi dropouts. It does it 24/7/365 and it keeps a visual record of any/all of your network disconnections, useful data to have to match to the Network logs (in your Hub settings) and also in discussions with VM - note it will take a few hours to start seeing a sensible picture - post up the “link” to the “share live graph” (as per instructions on the TB website) when it starts to develop.

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos