Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hub 4 problems

I was recently sent a Hub 4 that I didn’t request. I was told I had to have an upgrade. It’s the worst thing ever! No upgrade at all. My wifi keeps dropping out and the boosters that worked perfectly well with the Hub 3 now don’t work. I have patchy coverage and it drops off in the middle of zoom calls etc. I’ve tried in vain for 3 weeks to speak to an actual human being but keep being fobbed off with recorded messages. I want to go back to my hub 3. 

in addition I’ve upgraded my package to pay for M350 broadband. There’s no difference in speed at all. I’ve now read that the hub 4 only works with the 1gb broadband. I don’t have this and wasn’t offered it either! It’s an absolute nightmare 

Any idea of how to speak to virgin to get this sorted?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub 4 problems

What speeds are your wired connections?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

The new hub works fine with all VM speeds, I'm using it on 200 without issues, you'll need to post your network logs 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Call in and tell them that the Hub4 is not fit for your purpose and you want the Hub3 back and activated. They will want the Hub4 returning of course.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

How do I find out the speeds of my wired connections?

thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

@DebbieE95 wrote:

How do I find out the speeds of my wired connections?

thanks

Wire to the hub with an Ethernet cable plugged into a gigabit enabled device and run a speed test. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

My network logs stop on 28 Oct when the hub was replaced. No other data. 

0 Kudos