cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 4 not saving device name changes etc

adamelphick
Up to speed

Just literally got my Hub 4 after loads of issues with Hub 3 dropping signal etc on wifi.

So I had ALL of my devices named and assigned IP addresses on the hub 3 - that was a right palava as it was SO BUGGY.... well it seems the Hub 4 is EVEN WORSE!!!

Some of my device names save - some don't. Sometimes I name one, and it changes another to that name.  Sometimes I name one and it seems to work, then suddenly it's back to its self assigned name, or even one of  the others I assigned!!

I mean WTH.... Do Virgin not test anything before releasing it?

53 REPLIES 53

Sorry I totally disagree...

They consistently mention Wi-Fi etc and how good it is in the Hub 4 - therefore they are expecting us to use that, not just use it as a modem.  It is still a device that has functions that I use (irrespective of whether you use it or not), that simply doesn't work as intended. 

Imagine you have a windows all in one PC, and the screen doesn't work out of the box - but you can plug an external monitor in - would you accept that?  Or it has a Wi-Fi card that doesn't work but you can plug in a dongle?  Or your 4G/5G phone only works on 3G? I think not.

VM should remove this feature then you can't complain.

---------------------------------------------------------------

[REMOVED]

I am not anti Virgin - I just want it to work as intended (by Virgin themselves).  Sad they can't be **bleep** to even comment on this.

[MOD EDIT: Inappropriate language removed, please review the Forum Guidelines]

@adamelphick wrote:

Really sounds like you're a Virgin fan boy!

Thier are things beyond the hub for VM network I'm not happy about but VM can't do a thing about and in fact could make it worse then I be really unhappy. 😟

---------------------------------------------------------------

I am happy with almost everything lately (at least now I have rid of the wifi issues and over-utilisation in my area) - otherwise I wouldn't stay with them.  It just really annoys me when companies can't get details right.  It's just bad customer service practice.  If you;re not goign to provide a service (or app, or option) that works, then don't start providing it.  It's clearly just a UI glitch causing the issue I am complaining about, so one of their software guys - internal or external -  (who wrote the crappy interface in the first place) could fix it.  In fact SHOULD fix it.

Thankfully they don’t contractually provide an SLA or guarantee for Wifi so that argument is a moot point.

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi

The hub provided by VM is very basic and has minimal functionality. I recommend you forget about VM fixing the hub and instead put it into modem mode and buy yourself a decent wireless router that way you won't be stressing over something that you have no control over. I use a great Asus router which has great WiFi and loads of working functionality.

Again I come back to WHY SHOULD I?  They provide the hardware - it should work on every aspect of the provided interface surely?

If they didn't want to provide that functionality they shouldn't have put in in there in the first place ..... not once but at least twice (Hub 3 had issues with it also but not as bad).

I am not 'stressing' pretty sure I have more stressful things going on right now - I am simply exercising my right to complain about something that doesn't work to it's specification.  Or are complaints not allowed on this forum, with an expectation that they are addressed rather than swept under the carpet?

Complain away if you want to, i was just saying it will likely get you nowhere so why not just resolve the issue yourself and buy a decent router that does everything you want. 

Not that I 'want' to..... I feel I should.... Fed up with companies getting away with stuff and we have to just put up with it.