cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 4 not saving device name changes etc

adamelphick
Up to speed

Just literally got my Hub 4 after loads of issues with Hub 3 dropping signal etc on wifi.

So I had ALL of my devices named and assigned IP addresses on the hub 3 - that was a right palava as it was SO BUGGY.... well it seems the Hub 4 is EVEN WORSE!!!

Some of my device names save - some don't. Sometimes I name one, and it changes another to that name.  Sometimes I name one and it seems to work, then suddenly it's back to its self assigned name, or even one of  the others I assigned!!

I mean WTH.... Do Virgin not test anything before releasing it?

53 REPLIES 53

That's not the point though... If the function is there (and always to function) it should work. For goodness sake they've had YEARS to fix this!

That’s why they put modem mode in.

That way you can use your own better equipment that “works”. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi

I know I CAN do that, but why should I HAVE to?

They've just repeated the same mistake... If we keep letting them off the hook they'll keep doing it!

@adamelphick wrote:

I know I CAN do that, but why should I HAVE to?

Because your unhappy.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Yea but that's not the point... Equipment they supply should work!  Surely?

@adamelphick wrote:

Does it provide you with internet access?

Then it’s working.

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.

@adamelphick wrote:

But being a not impotent feature VM will not fix something that they don't think is impotent for full internet access and the people added this knows that, VM don't support port forwarding and because NAT is not 100% for router mode there needed to be modem mode that supports everything even if it is just for one WAN IP. Really just how much can VM remove from the hubs for it to pass most stuff and making the user get their own router, its likely this feature will be removed in the next hub.   

I still think it is very bad practice indeed.

I can't understand why they would CREATE a function that doesn't work - why have it there at all?  It's like people are willing to let them off the hook just because they can circumvent it with other hardware - at cost!

If you'd bought a router that had that function and it didn't work you would be sending it back or demanding a replacement surely? We are in effect buying this Hub, it is invariably subsidised by the cost of the internet connection.. it's not as if Virgin are giving it to us from the goodness of their hearts is it?

HOW ABOUT A COMMENT VIRGIN?  I AM SURE SOMEONE FROM YOUR COMPANY READS THESE THREADS!!!

Don't get me wrong - I love the speed etc of Virgin connections, and don;t have issues that often, but honestly do they care about their customers?  I worry not.... When I did my upgrade the guy told me my account with them had been active for 21 years!!  I mean surely loyalty should count for something - and to be fair even new customers should get equipment that actually functions as it is supposed to do!

@adamelphick wrote:

...but honestly do they care about their customers? 

Yes they gave us modem mode and technically thats all they should give us doing a router mode with wifi was a bonus.  

The hub costs £30 to make. If that. So it’s negligible in terms of cost.