cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 4 not connecting after power cut

MagpieSupernova
On our wavelength

I had a power cut a couple of hours ago. Power was off briefly. Since then the Super Hub 4 appears to be frequently rebooting (pulsing white light). I have done several manual restarts. Virgin Media Connect app can’t find the hub - in fact it seems to make it reboot (more pulsing white light)!

I have used Speedsmart app and this has reported anything from 0.25 Mb download to 200 (once).

Help appreciated.

9 REPLIES 9

Client62
Legend

The power cut may have affected the kit in the VM street cabinets.
Check if there is a local outage reported on 0800 561 0061

No issues reported.

Client62
Legend

Speed test the service to a Router mode Hub(3/4/5) + your device with the link below.

https://www.samknows.com/realspeed/

Once the test begins click on: Run full test to see all the stats.

The speed at the Hub should reflect your subscription.

Thanks, tried that. It works out it’s a Hub 4, then, when trying to do the full test, get a message to say it can’t connect to the router.

MagpieSupernova
On our wavelength

I can’t say if this is new because I don’t normally have cause to touch it, but I have noticed the top of the hub 4 is hot to the touch.
I’ve switched it off for a few minutes to cool down. Seems to be working now, we’ll see for how long! I have lost VPN connection once already.  After 10 minutes the hub is hot to the touch.

Samknows link is showing good speed, but the VM Connect app can’t find the hub.

Client62
Legend

VM Connect app will not work if any form of Apple Private Browsing tools are enabled or if a VPN is enabled on the phone.

Just to update. After 15 hours, multiple reboots, leaving the router to cool down and more reboots, broadband finally restored this morning and VM connect app is connecting to hub.

Client62
Legend

If the VM Hub is running hot that is a safety concern that needs to be reported as a defect & a replacement arranged.

Hi @MagpieSupernova thanks for getting back to us.

Thanks for updating us that your hub is back up and running. As Client62 has already said, your mentioning of the hub being previously hot to touch, is concerning. I would like to take a look on your behalf. I am going to send you a private message. Please keep an eye on your inbox.

Regards

Lee_R