Menu
Getzs79
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Hub 4 no connection

Hi can anyone offer advise My hub 4 has stopped working and have lost all Internet connection. Tried rebooting hub several time but just shows solid white light on start up as if its froze.  It doesn't seem to go through the initial start up routine after reboot

Please help

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub 4 no connection

Try a Hub “pinhole reset” - make sure the 2 passwords on the Hub sticker are still there and legible first ! Disconnect any ethernet cables from the Hub, and then with the Hub still "switched on" throughout, press pin in firmly with paper clip/SIM tray tool or similar "thin thing" and hold it firmly for at least 60 seconds, release the pin, leave for 10’ to stabilise - dont manually switch it off at any time.

Also check for known faults in your location.

As well as trying the “check service,” Area status webpage" (link at top right of this forum), also try the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually tells you of more local issues down to postcode level. These may not be listed on the Area Status web page (Areas are not “Geographic” they are billing areas) as that usually only covers faults affecting 1000’s of customers) so phone may give you more info, but even that wont cover problems affecting just a few customers.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Getzs79
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub 4 no connection

Thanks for the advice. But no luck 

Reset button does nothing just a constant solid white light no matter what I try. And no local outages 

0 Kudos