Menu
KellsBells
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Hub 4 loses connection

I've switched from the Hub 3 to hub 4 this week and we've gone from having no connection issues, to having problems daily. The router seems to reboot every day, and both wireless and wired connections lose internet connection. When i log in to the hub it tells me there are no issues. I've sent the hub 3 back and now I'm regretting "upgrading" the router!

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub 4 loses connection

Do a Hub “pinhole reset” - make sure the 2 passwords on the Hub sticker are still there and legible first ! Disconnect any ethernet cables from the Hub (leave the coax connected), and then with the Hub still "switched on" throughout, press pin in firmly with paper clip/SIM tray tool or similar "thin thing" and hold it firmly for at least 60 seconds, release the pin, leave for 5’ to stabilise - dont manually switch it off at any time. See if that sorts it.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.