Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hub 4 lagging

I am by no means a IT buff, but I have a 13 year old Xbox maniac who is shouting at his Xbox to stop LAGGING.

installed the Hub 4 this week, and had nothing but trouble with dropping in and out of connection, 

I also am working from home, and this situation is causing me nothing but issues. 

I cannot connect my Hun 4 to the app either. 

any help would be appreciated. Thanks 

0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub 4 lagging

What is your contracted speed ?

How are those devices connecting - Wi-Fi or ethernet cable ?

What speed do you get at >> Sam Knows Real Speed << with a direct connection using a Cat 5E/6 cable between the Hub in Router Mode and a 1Gbs capable Pc/Mac/Chromebook and no other devices connected ?

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Semi-Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - Mike Robbo
0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi.

it is through Wifi. 
not sure on my wifi speed to be perfectly honest

0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Just a few things that can affect Wi-Fi in the average home …

Mirrors, furniture, fish tanks, people, radiators, walls (some more than others), cordless phones, baby monitors, microwave ovens, fridges & freezers, TVs, next doors Wi-Fi and Wi-Fi equipment, DAB transmitters, the list is endless.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Many people have accepted that the VM Wi-Fi is poor and have purchased third party equipment that is much, much more powerful than the VM supplied kit and once set up have wondered why they waited for so long.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Semi-Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

He'll need to connect with a cable or you need to invest in a mesh system or run a wired AP to improve the WiFi. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mike.

Can you advise what I need to purchase?

can I get it from Amazon?

thanks 

Lesley 

0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

As for recommendations, only you know the ...

Budget,

Environment,

Workload the device will have to support.

Have a read of online PC and Networking mags to get an idea.

Or give us a brief description of the building layout and construction and someone will be able to advise.

Mike Robinson

0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

0 Kudos