Menu
cwatki123
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Hub 4 keeps resetting WiFi network name (SSID)

Virgin Media sent me a Hub 4 a month or so ago, so far everything seems ok, it's more reliable than my Hub 3. However one issue I'm having is the WiFi network name (SSID) and password keeps resetting to the original factory network name and password every time the router is powered off and on, so none of my devices will connect. I have to go into the router admin and change it back again. Obviously I don't switch my router off very often so it isn't a huge problem. But in a power cut whilst I was out of the house the router went off, rebooted, network named changed, and then I wasn't able to turn off my home burglar alarm using my phone as I normally do. It also messed up my heating controls. It happened again when I had builders in the other day and they had to unplug the router, and my parents were housesitting, so they couldn't connect their phones to the internet (they aren't very technically savvy) until I got home. Also, since the Virgin Connect app doesn't work with the Hub 4 it's not the easiest process to keep resetting it. 

OK, it's not the end of the world, but it's pretty frustrating and inconvenient. 

Does anybody know how I can solve this?

0 Kudos
g0akc
Well-informed
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub 4 keeps resetting WiFi network name (SSID)

Sounds like a bug - there have been a number of similar reports on here.  Maybe it will get fixed sooner or later in a firmware update if VM progress it.

• Try a factory reset then re-enter (reconfigure) the changes
  • Can you use the default SSID for your devices?  I guess you may have 'split' them to overcome other issues?
  • Look at getting your own Wi-Fi equipment and use the hub in modem mode

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know a bit about Wi-Fi, Telecoms, and TV as I used to do it for a living but I'm not perfect so don't beat me up... If you make things you make mistakes!
0 Kudos
Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub 4 keeps resetting WiFi network name (SSID)

Hi cwatki123,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

I'm very sorry to hear about the issue you're having with the router. 

I have been able to locate your account and do wish to look into this further. 

What I will do is private message you so can we can look into this. 

^Martin

0 Kudos