Menu
mbamsey
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hub 4 issues when using Teams

I have been working from home for more than a year and not had any problems when using Microsoft Teams.

I changed to a new Hub 4 two weeks ago and I have had nothing but problems during calls. I regularly get a message flashing up on screen saying dialling manually and I lose connection to the call. It usually lasts less than 10 seconds where I can't hear anything and then it clicks back in.

Very frustrating when someone is talking and you have a gap of five to ten seconds with no sound.

I have even tried sitting right next to the router on calls and it still happens. Very strange given that it never happened before we installed the new hub.

We have got no other issues with any of our other devices.

No idea why this might be happening. Any help or advice would be really helpful. Thanks.

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub 4 issues when using Teams

Does it happen on a wired connection?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
mbamsey
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I've not tried a wired connection and I would have to get the appropriate wires as I don't have any.

Seems strange that it just does it in Teams.

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Not really - depends on a number of factors.

What optimisation have you done to your wifi to improve its signal?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
mbamsey
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Not sure how to do that. The WiFi signal has always been great and we've had no problems with it until we installed the new hub. So it must be something to do with the hub. Can I just reinstall my old router as I still have it with me? Thanks. 

0 Kudos
lotharmat
Well-informed
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I don't think you can. (re-use your old router)

Try splitting the 2.4GHz and 5GHz channels - rename them to having _2 or _5 at the end of the SSID

Also turn off intelligent WiFi

ALl of this can be done in the advanced setting of the hub (192.168.0.1)

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

0 Kudos