cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 4 instead of 5

WaddellWilliam
Joining in

Hi I've just upgraded to ultimate volt package. I've been given the Hub 4 instead of 5. I upgraded to 1gb to cope with all the devices in our home, particularly the WiFi 6 in the hub 5. How fo I get a Hub 5 as advertised with the Ultimate bundle. Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

carl_pearce
Community elder

@WaddellWilliam wrote:

Hi I've just upgraded to ultimate volt package. I've been given the Hub 4 instead of 5. I upgraded to 1gb to cope with all the devices in our home, particularly the WiFi 6 in the hub 5. How fo I get a Hub 5 as advertised with the Ultimate bundle. Thanks

Stock issues means you are provided a HUB 4 instead, unfortunately.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

carl_pearce
Community elder

@WaddellWilliam wrote:

Stock issues means you are provided a HUB 4 instead, unfortunately.

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@WaddellWilliam wrote:

I think you might have to complain, strongly

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-WiFi/How-to-get-a-Hub-5/td-p/5232659

and also check the small-print of exactly what was advertised

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Community-Natter/HUB-5-Shortage-hit-ispReview/m-p/5240175#M6848...

Whether you actually get one, or not, may well be down to the random processes by which VM operates. How far you need to take it in the quest to get a Hub 5 is up to you.

Do have a good read though of other topics on here where customers report their experiences of using a Hub 5. There does seem to still be more than a few teething issues with it, which are being reported on the forums.

Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi WaddellWilliam, thanks for the message and welcome to the forums. 

I am sorry to hear that you have not been provided with the Hub 5 and this is due to stocking issues. 

Both the Hub 4 and 5 can do 1GB and hopefully we have the stocking issue resolved soon. ^Chris. 

ColinsDad
Joining in

how many devices do you have connected? I have 16 devices connected continuously through Hub 4 including a Web Server and suffer no issues.

Virgin as a network does not yet support IPv^, so you may be misunderstanding what benefit you may receive with the Hub 5.

My Gigabit service on the Hub 4 is completely stable and although I use Dynamic DNS on the We Server it isn't really necessary at Virgin have never changed the IP address of the Hub in the past 2 years

About 10 devices. Sons ps5 is only device which keeps disconnecting. My other query is I'm on 1gb but I'm only getting download speed on 300 to 350 mpbs on Ookla test. There's Bern no change in download speed since upgrading, actually getting slower download speed. Changed package on 13/1

Screenshot_20230128_161323_Speedtest.jpg

WiFi speeds aren't guaranteed, what speeds do you get with a wired connection?

Hi Waddell6969123,

Welcome back to our Community and thank you for your post, sorry to hear you aren't getting your expected speeds Via WiFi, there are so many factors which can effect WiFi from other devices to furniture and the thickness of walls, even kitchen appliances such as microwave ovens can effect it, there are some great hints, tips and general WiFi support here including our Connect App, with this you can fix most WiFi issues and scan for black spots, if any are found you can or our WiFi Pods for our WiFi Max, this guarantees a minimum 20mbps per room Via WiFi which to be fair all your speed tests are well over this.

To make sure the correct speed is hitting the Router you can do a speed test here.

Regards

Paul.