Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hub 4 in my area

Since I foolishly accepted the Hub 4 'upgrade' I continually lose network connection. Because there are two of us trying to homework we just reconnect so as to get back on as soon as poss. I've been through the 'forget network' and reconnect process several times on both work and personal laptops but they all drop out still. I now hear this is a problem outside as several people in the area are having the same problem and they are the ones who made the change from Hub 3 to 4.  Got to say, I thought Talktalk customer service was poor but virgin? Wow. How do I get this resolved?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub 4 in my area

What are you saying is the issue exactly?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 15
Flag for a moderator

I just lose connection Gary. If I'm on remote to work that will drop off and I have to reconnect. I generally stream music throughout the day and this is the obvious indicator, Youtube goes off and I see the little globe at the bottom right of my taskbar saying I am not connected. I've done the obvious stuff like rebooting the hub and disconnecting from the hub and then re-logging in. On the local facebook group (Aintree, Merseyside) several people are reporting the same issue with hub 4. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 15
Flag for a moderator

What is a wired connection like?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 15
Flag for a moderator

That isn't something I have tried. The hub is too far away from our work space to have wires run to and not something I want in any case. Hub 3 worked fine, it was only after they offered me Hub  4 as an upgrade that the problem started.  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Difficult to ascertain the issue then with no wired connections to test.

Does everything drop at the same time or is it sporadic?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

I'm, a few miles over from you in Crosby, but like you have had dropouts in connectivity since "upgrading" from a Hub 3 to a Hub 4.  The dropouts for me are on a wired connection, and I don't use the Hub 4 Wifi as I have my own access points cabled in around the house - so it's not just a WiFi problem for me.

I've another post on here where I'm now waiting for someone from VM to take a look, but something upstream looks "odd" on my BQM

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/9932419c4d5183d6966476da89199cda6c... 

It would be interesting to see your BQM as you are relatively close, and see if the problems I'm seeing on mine correlates to yours.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 8 of 15
Flag for a moderator

I don't think they drop out the same because sometimes I hear my partner's trying to reconnect her to Teams when mine is still connected. From where I am working it is 3 metres from the hub, my partner's desk is upstairs about 5 metres. The hub is in the pantry, it would be difficult for me to work in there throughout the day to monitor when it drops out. If there is a specific test I can do via a wired connection that would be easy enough to do.  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 9 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Do I need to plug in to do the BQM or wirelessly?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 10 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Well yes - connect with a wired connection for a day and see if it drops.
If it doesn't, then the issue is wifi related which can be resolved with a better router or a mesh system that you can purchase.

If a wired connection still drops, then there may be an underlying network issue.

0 Kudos