cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 4 flashing red light

purplecam3l
Joining in

For the 2nd time in the space of a few days I've got a flashing hub. First instance, outage in the area, took a good 16 hours to fix. Same today, went off, checked the status online (After tethering to my mobile) saw another outage for broadband and TV expected fix time of 00:30 on 29/04/23. No drama, at least I know it's an issue and being dealt with. Now it's been updated to no Broadband issues in my area, and only an historic TV issue with 4 on demand yet I still don't have broadband, TV or a phoneline and I've been requested; after following all the info on the website to book an engineer for Bank Holiday Monday 1st May, between 12-4. Just a tad confused how it's gone from an area wide issue to needing an engineer? Postcode Area: TS

Edit: This is about as confused as it gets, my internet is now back up and running (for now)??? @18:29

5 REPLIES 5

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @purplecam3l, thanks for reaching out to us on the Virgin Media forums! 👋🏼

I'm sorry to hear about the poor experience you are having with the Hub 4. 😞
May I ask how the connection has been recently? I've had a look and I can see that the area fault has been cleared on our end and with any area fault, all engineer bookings are cancelled until the area fault is cleared.

Is your hub still flashing red? If so, can you ensure the hub is in a well ventilated spot, take out all the cables and put them back in then proceed to a reboot!
Let us know how it goes.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Seems to working okay still at the moment - Sam knows has it running the best it has since I had it installed. Must know I'm due for renewal shortly 🤔.

I had been running one of those ThinkBroadband monitors though, I'm not sure it's meant to look like this though.

purplecam3l_1-1682930999896.png

Hi purplecam3l

Thank you for the update.

I am happy to hear its now working well.

Do you still have a flashing red light?

Please pop back to us when you can.

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hi @Vikki_M

It's not red at the moment but I have had outages both this morning and yesterday where it's been flashing red for short periods. I don't know what is going on with the service at the moment but it's becoming far more frequent. I work in "Work from Home" Role which make these outages no matter how short incredibly frustrating. 

Hi purplecam3l,

Apologies again for any inconvenience caused by the recent issues especially when trying to work from home, I was able to check things our end and cannot see any issues, how have things been since your last post?

Regards

Paul.