cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 4 flashing blue and no internet!

LaSignoraFender
Joining in

Hi, just found out I am having troubles with my internet connection!

in the afternoon there was a small blackout in the area, lasted less than a second (I was at work), but when I came home internet seemed to work just fine.

long story short, I wake up during the night and start browsing the net. Connection seems oddly slow, so I go downstairs and the router seems fine. I switch it on and after around 10 seconds on again and troubles started! No internet at all anymore, hub flashing slowly white and then rapidly blue!

Did hard reset, turned it on and off a few times. No success. I am desperate! 
I was able to login to the router page through the phone and states “requesting CP Ip address”. I cannot close the page though as I am on the phone browser and cannot see if there are any other solutions or buttons I can press to start diagnostics. I think I have hub 4, the box shaped one.

Can you please advise!? 

6 REPLIES 6

vwillcox
Rising star

Seems to be a huge amount of the UK is offline. Blue is the modern waiting on the VM network to provide access

I'm getting the same here in Colchester

Popey85
Joining in

Same in Gloucester started at 4am here

I am in Cardiff and had issues and intermittent internet since 2 am-ish.

I will try to report the issue as soon as I come back from work…

tecdude
On our wavelength

Same in South London

VM is down across most of the UK.

Twitter is on fire with complaints about the VM outage.

Hub3 on Modem mode. PFsense router, and Ubiquiti UniFi AP's with controller. Pi-Hole DNS.

@tecdude wrote:

Same in South London

National Outage - looks like routing issue.

Mostly fine in my area but some page don't load even with 3rd party DNS.

Was an issues on VM's system status around 1230am/1am.

https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2023/04/major-network-outage-strikes-broadband-isp-virgin-medi...