cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 4 fan running constantly

LozzaD18
Tuning in

We had a hub 4 installed in Nov 21.  The fan has been running non stop since then which doesn’t seem right.  It’s very annoying and everyone that comes round comments on how noisy it is.  It is in our living room which isn’t overly warm.  Thermostat is set to 20 degrees when home. It’s on a cool hard surface and is well ventilated.  No complicated set up. I have called VM and also done an online chat.  They advised the problem would be fixed in 24 hrs but it never is?  They also suggested a pinhole reset which we did.  The fan stopped for about 20 minutes and then came back on again and is running constant since.  The hub is also quite warm to touch which worries me.  I have concerns it might be a fire hazard?The light is solid white and service is good. The person I spoke to on the phone said he can send an engineer out but we would have to pay if there is no fault? I asked if it was normal for the fan to run 24/7 but he didn’t really know! Can anybody else help? Virgin offered this hub as a free upgrade but wish I hadn’t bothered! 

13 REPLIES 13

Yep I have the same problem, it was ok for about 3 months then the fan started running all the time. It is as clean as a whistle,  no dust in an open space in a cool room. 

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Kevboy12

Thanks for your post. I'm sorry to hear you are experiencing the a similar issue with the fan on your Hub, that is not ideal. I shall send you a private message now to confirm your address and we will get an engineer visit booked to get this sorted. 

Kind regards,

Serena

I am having the same issues. It was loud when we first got it back May/June, then went quiet but has started loud again. Need to keep the tv volume up.

Is there a solution for this or is this faulty?

1609steph
Joining in

I have recently has two faulty hub 4s . Both overheated . One melted . Now have hub 5