Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hub 4 failed WiFi connection to HP Printer

New Hub 4 installed successfully. Laptops, Alexa, mobiles all connect via Wifi. HP Printer F4580 cannot make WiFi connection. Worked fine with previous Hub. I have deleted printer in Windows 10. Cleaned out all folders of printer files. Loaded new latest drivers. Made connection using USB. When I try and get WifI connection the installation says "diagnostic error". I have tried many times. Wireless network report for printer says "No Filtering   FAILED". I have accessed the router using IP address 192.168. 0.1 and Wireless MAC filtering is DISABLEed.

I have spend many many hours scanning websites, deleting printer, resetting printer to factory settings, etc etc. No thing works. Can any one help.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superfast
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub 4 failed WiFi connection to HP Printer

Maybe you need to split the SSID into two, one for 2.4Ghz, and one for 5Ghz?

It appears the printer works off 2.4Ghz so could be the reason for the issue ('Smart' tech on one SSID).

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Printer-Setup-Software-Drivers/HP-Deskjet-F4580-Wireless-Connection/td... 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Carl, thanks for the suggestion. I tried creating two SSIDs, one for 2.4 and other for 5Ghz but same problem. I cannot get WiFi connection. Printer network report says "No Filtering   FAIL". 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Have you reset the networks settings in the affected devices?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Gary,

I reset HP F4580 printer to manufacturing settings, I unplugged from back, I left unplugged over night. I removed printer drives etc from laptop. I set up a 2.4GHz SSID, rebooted Hub. I did a re-install of printer. Same problem. Printer finds the network but fails to connect.

0 Kudos