cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 4 changing SSID’s back to default

Jayhub4
Tuning in

Hi there!

Ive recently been upgraded to the Hub 4. Really enjoying it. Much better speeds and signal strength throughout the home now the issue! I’ve changed my SSID’s (WiFi name and passwords)  over to my own personal ones and separated them 2.4 and 5ghz. Now it keeps on changing the 2.4ghz back to the original. When I’ve logged into the settings page the up time is a low time meaning that it’s rebooting its self and changing ONLY the 2.4 back to the original. Bad thing is my home security is on the 2.4 so it’s all being disconnected without me realising.

I understand the most common answer being I should just use the default SSID for the 2.4 but I’ve got a ton of smart home devices so they’ll have to be setup again so looking for an easy fix.

Anyone else experienced this?

Thanks for reading!

192 REPLIES 192

I had an engineer visit last Saturday to replace my faulty hub 4. Lo and behold, I got a hub 5 in its place! It would’ve been great if tech support hadn’t screwed up my 1 gig speed upgrade and got left without any services for 24 hours!
But now, all ok…so far 😆

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Sparkly3366,

Thanks for providing the update on your latest Technician visit. I'm glad to hear they have been able to get things sorted for you, and you're now seeing a stable service, without the previous issues you've mentioned.

If you need anything else, please let us know and one of our team/community will be happy to help out.

Cheers,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

How come the “forum team” only ever reply to generally positive comments? No word form them on why some are able to request the hub 5 but others get fobbed off.

I was told that the 5 is being rolled out in phases across the country. As my hub 4 was faulty anyway, I asked for a 5 if possible because of all the smart home stuff I need to have. I was told if the engineer has one on the van he will fit it.

Does the Hub5 support the current Smart Wifi pods (hexagon shape)? The whole reason for me changing from the old Hub3 to Hub4 was for improved wifi - then I am told by staff I have to disable Smart Wifi on the router to combat the SSID naming issue. Thus, my wifi is poor and has been since the start of this thread nearly. 

luksmo
Tuning in

Hello everyone,

I have got the same problem. After each reset the hub keeps changing SSID back to default. Weirdly it does that only for the 2.4ghz, not the 5.0… really annoying, and I would like to have this resolved. I have done factory reset few days ago, but the issue persists. Please let me know what can be done about this. Thank you 

Hi there @luksmo 

Thank you so much for your post and we are so sorry to hear that you are facing these issues. 

Just to confirm, does this happen when you reboot or when you perform a full factory reset by pushing into the 'reset' hole at the back of the Hub?

Hello. Thank you for your reply. This happens when I reboot the hub (or when the hub reboots itself for some reason). Thank you 

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for your reply luksmo. 

So to clarify, you are not resetting your Hub to the default settings but rebooting it via the power and when you are doing this, it resets your 2.4Ghz SSID, is this correct? 

Thanks, 

Nat

Yes this is correct. I have made one reset to the hub hoping it’s going to fix the issue, but it did not. After each reboot the hub is changing the SSID to the default one. I believe it’s faulty.