Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hub 4 apparently network connection fault Nov 2020

Sunday 8th I had the hub 3 connected all was ok, Sunday afternoon I changed to the hub 4 .. since Sunday I have had frequent wifi disconnections. Teams, streaming and other wifi devices drop connection, one of which is in the same room as the hub. The ethernet connected device runs ok, but slow. 

Logged into the Hub ran diagnostics which told me there was a issue with the hubs wifi. everything was ok apparently. After 4 days and over 3 hours today on hold on the phone disconnected twice I finally got through to a real person overseas, who now claims its a local network issue and amazingly i'm the first person to report!, if I believed that,  its probably because no-one can get through to report  but I don't believe that. he couldn't tell me when it might be resolved, he couldn't offer compensation for loss of services. 

I then asked to be put through to disconnections and after a further 30 mins on hold ....HEY given id already waited  1hr 50 mins on hold! so what another 30mins.

Got through to a lovely lady in Scotland after I apologised if I sounded Jacked off I explained that I thought id 6 weeks of my service left turns out  have 5 so I wanted to give notice. she asked if she could send an engineer to see the problem first I agreed.. booked a time in changed an appointment) and now have just been texted to say they are cancelling the appointment until they investigate the network problem!!!!!!!!!!

I honestly give up.   

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub 4 apparently network connection fault Nov 2020

All tech visits are "auto-cancelled" until any known faults are fixed - makes sense really as they would be unable to do anything at your home.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

They have  texted again, to say they will be here now as arranged!!  but the point been John it shouldn't take 4 days to be able to speak to anyone to report a fault to have it looked into.  Their own app isn't compatible with the hub 4 9 months after its release. There is also the assumption that everyone is technically minded to log into a hub and if you cannot get online as some others have reported how you supposed to report online or post here? I had to hotspot to complete a teams session today from my EE phone... if that had of been my mum she wouldnt of been able to do that, plus its using data from another provider when im paying Virgin for the service. I appreciate faults occur but 4 days trying  and what has been over 6 hours on hold to eventually speak to someone in a company that provides phone and broadband as its core service is pretty poor .... its like going to a supermarket and been told you have to waiting 4 days to get staples!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Why did you change to a Hub4? Did you upgrade to 1GB? Or was it offered as a free swap or did you request it?

If one of the latter 2 I would call in and get them to put you back onto the Hub3 - or ask the Tech to do that for you.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos