cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 4 and Connect app

MotherwellUser
Joining in

Hi

Previously had no problems using Connect app with hub 3 and 5. My Hub5 has been replaced with a hub4 and the app doesn't "see" the hub. Tried uninstalling, clearing cache etc but no luck. Any suggestions?

Thanks 

17 REPLIES 17

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

It can take several days for the Connect app "backend" database to catch up with a new Hub.  Just keep trying in a few days.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @MotherwellUser thanks for your post here in the Community although we're sorry to hear of your concerns raised here regarding the Connect App.

How are things for you today, is this now resolved or do you still require help with this?

Many thanks

Tom_W

Hi Tom

Unfortunately the Connect app still doesn't see the hub4. Its around 12 days since hub replaced.

Thanks 

Hi @MotherwellUser thanks for your reply.

Sorry to hear this, is there any other device that you have that you can try the Connect App on to see if this makes a difference?

Many thanks

Tom_W

Hi Tom

I tried installing Connect app on my tablet after installing it on my phone - unfortunately neither can find the hub4.

Hi MotherwellUser, 

Thanks for coming back to us in the Community. We're sorry to hear this is ongoing for you. 

The first thing to be aware of is you need to be connected to your Home Wi-Fi in order for the app to connect to the Hub. It won't allow the connection if you're on a different Wi-Fi network, Guest network on your own Wi-Fi, VPN, or mobile data.

As you have a new hub can you try clearing the cache from the app to see if this helps too? 

• For Android devices: Open settings > Apps > Connect App > Storage > Clear data / Clear cache. 
  • For Apple devices: if you're on iOS 15 then you can try this: Open Settings > Tap your name > Tap iCloud > Tap Manage Settings > Tap the Connect App > Tap Delete Data. If you're on iOS 16 then just delete the app from your device, restart the handset, and then re-download the Connect App.

If this still doesn't allow the hub to connect, we're aware of an error with some of the data in our systems that's causing the app to not recognise the Hub in a minority of instances. We are investigating this as a high priority.

Keep us posted on how things go. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi 

Thanks, tried that but connect app is still not working - does not "see" hub4. The app worked fine with my previous hub3 and hub5 so suggests its one of those minority data issues you mentioned. 

Hi MotherwellUser 👋

Thanks for coming back with an update on this. I'm sorry to hear the issue remains. As noticed by yourself, and mentioned by Kath, this is most likely one of the issues we're currently aware of.

We're very sorry for any inconvenience this is causing you. Rest assured, we're working to get this fixed as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

Hi

Connect app still unable to find the router. Any update on a fix for this sd its been a couple of months now ?

Thanks