Menu
Craigjmackenzie
Joining in
Message 1 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hub 4 & WiFi plugs

hi

I got the hub 4 today and my WiFi plugs aren't working. They work on the 2.2ghz range so I've separated out the SSIDs however my plugs just aren't connecting. Seeing as they still do on the hub 3 so the issue is with the hub 4. Anyone know how I can sort this?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub 4 & WiFi plugs

Did you reset the Boosters to remove all the old settings (Hub 3) ?

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
Craigjmackenzie
Joining in
Message 3 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi

It's not a booster. It's a WiFi plug. I can remotely control the power for whatever is plugged into it. There's no way to reset them, you just set them up again if there's a change to the WiFi

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 14
Flag for a moderator

What make and model are the Wi-Fi plugs ?

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
Craigjmackenzie
Joining in
Message 5 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Some random Chinese one called teckin off Amazon

https://smile.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07MQYN1K4/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_RmPsFb9NTMKC6

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Try switching the 5GHz off until they are connected to the 2.4GHz broadcast.

0 Kudos
jhuk
Problem sorter
Message 7 of 14
Flag for a moderator

All I know is the HUB4 is not yet supported by the VM Connect App which is used to find WIFI blackspots and set up your VM WIFI Boosters.

So possibly something is not ready in the HUB4 for any WIFI boosters to be connected but TBH no clue as never needed or tried on either HUB's.

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 8 of 14
Flag for a moderator

They aren't boosters, they are Wi-Fi controlled mains socket adaptors.

0 Kudos
Craigjmackenzie
Joining in
Message 9 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Although it's not a booster I think they might use a similar method of connecting or something which would explain why it doesn't work. I might go back to the hub 3 until they sort it 

0 Kudos
Craigjmackenzie
Joining in
Message 10 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Tried this and it still doesn't work. I think it might be the same reason the boosters don't work ATM. Gonna go back to the hub 3 until they sort out the connectivity issues

0 Kudos