Menu
ukmartian
Dialled in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hub 4 & Gosund smart plugs

I have just installed a Hub 4 I had an issue with from the start it would for some reason default to factory setting IE password...I had to do a factory reset which appeared to cure it  . I have set up 2 networks a 5 ghz and a 2.4 different ssid's  to separate different devices, so not to overload the network....problem most smart plugs and Alexa, x 3 connected with no issue however 1 plug registered as offline poor signal. So I reset it and tried to register it on the  network but it refuses...i have also tried a different plug but that will not register...I have tried 2 different apps 2 different phones....have I got a faulty hub, a compatibility issue  I had no probs with my hub 3...I have checked all the setting I am aware off, any suggestions out there please ?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub 4 & Gosund smart plugs

Its a problem with the hub you need to get your own wireless router with 1Gb ports and use hub in modem mode.

---------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
ukmartian
Dialled in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Is this a known issue with the Hub 4 ??

0 Kudos
Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi @ukmartian,

Thank you for your post. I am really sorry to hear you're facing some connection issues recently, and for our delayed response.

Do you still need our assistance with this today? If so, are the smart plugs that you're referring to provided by us or are they third party equipment? Also, is the affected equipment having this issue only in one room/area of the home?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
ukmartian
Dialled in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thankyou , but I have had a engineer today who has diagnosed a faulty GHub $ and replaced it with a new Hub 3 ..everything is now working fine including my smart plugs

0 Kudos