Menu
MrChris1
Tuning in
Message 1 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hub 4 Woes

Hi, i am having issues and unfortunately Virgin is not responding to me at all so hoping someone could shed some light please. 

I upgraded to Gig1 fiber and got the fancy new Hub4, long story short the WiFi is still terrible and I cannot use Virgin Media Connect app as the Hub4 is not supported 🤦‍♂️. I had a 'chat' and the response was generic saying to use the connect app to order WiFi boosters 🤦‍♂️.

I am trying to start another chat and have placed a complaint about this but no response, can anyone tell me of a way to get WiFi booster sent out to me? The live chat doesn't seem to exist on the website for me and I've tried phoning but not getting an answer, customer support has been terrible so hoping the community could advise. Has anyone else had similar issues to mine and can point me in the correct direction?

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub 4 Woes

What are your wired speeds like?

Virgin do not guarantee speed or connectivity for wireless devices. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
turbine
Superfast
Message 3 of 15
Flag for a moderator

You could get in touch and ask about the new WiFi pods that VM are introducing.

As you are on the 1GB BB it should not cost anything to get the pod(s).

Not sure if a Forum Team member can sort it out for you.
0 Kudos
MrChris1
Tuning in
Message 4 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi Turbine, thanks for the info about this, if I get a response soon I will be asking about this. Live chat is showing for me now and the times I try to phone I can't get through so i have started a text conversation. I will post the back how I get on.

If anyone can shed any more light on what's happening with customer support, is everyone struggling to get through to them? 

0 Kudos
MrChris1
Tuning in
Message 5 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi gary_dexter, wired connection is spot on, testing on xbox console and hitting speeds I would expect, also on samknows website showing full speed to the hub. The issue is my WiFi is terrible and after trying all recommended steps its clear I need boosters but cannot get an answer from Virgin on this, the reply was to use the Virgin Connect app but this is not compatible with the Hub 4 so I cannot order this way, very frustrating so I thought I would check if anyone else is having similar issues. 

20210105_160723.jpg

Screenshot_20210115-175544_Virgin Media Connect.jpg

0 Kudos
-tony-
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 15
Flag for a moderator

@gary_dexter wrote:

What are your wired speeds like?

Virgin do not guarantee speed or connectivity for wireless devices. 

the OP does not mention wired speeds - in fact he does not mention speeds at all - he does mention poor wifi and they supplied boosters for that which have been superseded by the pods - hence the questions i guess

so to the OP - pods - not sure how many are free on the 1gig package - i dont think staff here can order them - talk to retentions - best time is 8 in the morning - i got through the other day in less than a minute after jumping through hoops on the press this - press that

they should be able to sort something - if you get offshore ask them to put you through to the UK 

this used to work - the key is follow thinking of leaving

dial 150 or 0345 454 1111 and follow the prompts to - 'thinking of leaving us' - then "technical issues" - dont worry about that they do much more - open 8am -10pm 7 days a week - should take you to a UK call centre

Tony
MrChris1
Tuning in
Message 7 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Smashing, many thanks for this Tony I will try to get through at 8am tomorrow, I just realised the text conversation you can't use to order things like boosters etc so that was a waste of my time. I will try and chat to them tomorrow morning and feed back how I get on, thanks again mate 🙂🙂

0 Kudos
MrChris1
Tuning in
Message 8 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Posting a quick update, I phoned this morning and got through quickly which was nice! 

I have to phone back on the 30th however as they said the boosters are not in stock, the retentions guy did not have a clue what I was talking about when I mentioned the pods.

Hopefully at month end this will be resolved 😊

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 9 of 15
Flag for a moderator

AFAIK they’re not offering the boosters at all now and the pods have replaced them.

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
MrChris1
Tuning in
Message 10 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the response again gary, this is what is really annoying me about Virgin, the customer retentions team didn't know what the pods were and then the technical team said they cannot send me a booster as they are out of stock until the 30th. If I get to the 30th without a resolution I think I will be looking elsewhere and just take the hit on speed for stable WiFi, especially given the price I'm paying for this. The hub 4 I thought would be a massive upgrade but the WiFi is worse than the hub3 was for me and I live in a single storey house. 

0 Kudos