cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 4 Wifi dropping and incorrect Connected Devices information in Settings

BK_76
Tuning in

Hi all, another WiFi dropping post, seems there are many on here. This has been getting gradually worse over the last 2 weeks. 

My WiFi is cutting out every few minutes, so I have to disconnect wifi on my device, then reconnect, and its fine for a few minutes, before dropping out again. Mainly happening on my MacBook Pro (as I'm using it the most), but also happens on my iPhone, iPad, my girlfriends MacBook Air, her iPhone, her iPad and her works Samsung phone. So it's clearly not an issue with an individual device. 

I work from home, and this basically means I cannot do my job (I'm also in a signal blackspot with my phone network (Three), so I cannot rely on my phone signal). I get disconnected from work calls all the time, which is infuriating. 

I have a Hub 4 with two Powerline Boosters (both connected via Ethernet) to serve a small 2 bedroom flat (the Hub 4 on its own can't even reach the bedroom). 

Additionally, when I try to monitor what devices are connected to my Wifi network, there are two 'unknown' devices (with MAC addresses that I cannot determine the source of), and the list only shows a small proportion of the number of devices that should be connected (cannot see 2 iPads or 1 iPhone), leaving me to wonder what else is connected that shouldn't be.  

I have reset my Hub 4 router countless times 

Here's my BQM for the last 24hrs. 

image.png

Here are my Network Status statistics from the Settings page (192.168.0.1):

Cable Modem StatusItem Status CommentsChannel Overview Downstream Upstream

Cable Modem Status
DOCSIS 3.1
Primary downstream channel
SC-QAM
DOCSIS 3.0 channels
DOCSIS 3.1 channels

I keep getting upload errors so I'll post the remaining stats in subsequent thread

12 REPLIES 12

Thanks for confirming your details via private message @BK_76.
I have arranged for the appointment, and you can track your engineer appointments online. Simply sign into My Virgin Media and you’ll see your appointments on your account dashboard. However, this can take up to 24 hours to be updated. 

Regards,

Steven_L

Thanks Steven. We have received the appointment, and I'll update this thread after it takes place.

Hello and you're very welcome @BK_76 - please don't hesitate to post back again on here if there's any further concerns you have!

Many thanks

Tom_W